Sep 21, 2012

Jesus centered family

There i certain things i take for granted now that I've been a Christian for so many years. It becomes harder and harder to remember my way of thinking and my situation before I become a Christian. Recently I've been struck by the blessing of family - both those I live with and am related to, and also the Church Family. I have taken these people and this community for granted so often, but yet when I stop and think, it is one of the biggest areas of my life in which I experience God's grace.

I've been struck lately by how powerful and changing it is to be a part of Christian community. And at the same time, what an incredible void someone has who is without it.

So many people these days live with difficult and compicated family situations. Here in Japan, as in America I believe, the family is falling apart. Marriages struggle, divorce rates grow, children grow up lacking support and safe enviorments to thrive. The more we live in an enviroment with unhealthy family relationships, the more we lose the concept and image of what a good family is - of what could be. Of what God desires for a family to be.

By God's grace, I know the love and joy of a Christian home enviroment - where communication, forgiveness, and love are priorities. I feel supported and cared for by my church friends as well.

What I feel lately is a growing desire for my japanese Christian friends to feel that as well. To experience loving, accepting, safe, joyful, forgiving relationships. To see healthy Christian marriages. To learn about how Christians parent. To know that a home with Christ as the foundation and love between one another is possible. To know that people CAN remain married to one person their entire life. To know that purity is worth protecting and God's plan brings joy and peace. To know that parents can be gentle and kind to their children, and develop good relationships with their kids.

I feel like once you catch a glimpse of what this kind of Christian family can be, it sparks hope in one's heart - hope to help keep high standards when searching for a future spouse, hope in having children, hope that helps you keep trying to love and serve your family in the hard times.

Witnessing Christ's love among husbands and wives, as well as parents and children was a huge huge huge influence on me before I became a Chrstian, as well as the early years of my Christian walk.

I want to have that kind of family, invite people to share in it, as well as see more Japanese Christians experience that kind of love in the home. I will work and pray to that end.

No comments:

Post a Comment