Nov 7, 2012

Favorite Mom items

I wanted to share some of my favorite baby items that I use regularly which I would suggest for other moms or people buying gifts. They are in no particular order...except this first one is the BEST by far.


Jesus Storybook Bible
This is an incredibly well done simplified-Bible. It is perfect for kids. Also, they have it in Japanese, and it is used for adult Bible studies here in Japan because of its great focus on Jesus in OT, and NT, and wonderful, simple explanation of God's work. Plus, the illustrations are amazing. I cannot recommend this enough!



Music : The Rizer's - Rize up and Hidden in My Heart (A Lullaby Journey through the Scriptures)
Asher and I love to listen to music, sing and dance. I bought Hidden in My Heart on Itunes, and absolutely love it. I listened to it a bit during labor to relax, and also a lot when he was really little, at night, etc. It's beautiful and each song is scripture.
   The Rizer's are a band out of the Mars Hill Churches in Seattle. Their 2 CD's are excellent - fast, fun music to dance and sing, with the lyrics being 100% scripture - each song is a verse. I love having them memorized now from listening to the songs, and its fun upbeat music to play and dance to.


Bath Cozy
Asher loves his bath, especially when he can stay warm. This bath cozy, which is basically a nice think washcloth made to fit nicely over baby's tummy, helps him stay warm during the bath. It really helps him stay calm!

Asher doesn't look thrilled in this photo, but all the other ones i have where he is smiling, he is also indecent! : )
Ergo Baby Carrier
Living in the city, we use public transportation and walk every day. A stroller is great, but is impossible in many situations, so most moms here choose baby carriers of some kind. The Ergo is by far the most popular, and I agree with the masses - its the best! Comfortable, quick, easy, well made. Pricey, but worth it for our lifestyle! I use the cheapest of their carriers, and its great! (I also loved the Moby style wrap while Asher was under 4 months, and used it often. But now that he's bigger I usually choose the Ergo for convenience)


Burt's Bee's Baby Bee Diaper Ointment
We haven't had lots of problems with diaper rash, but whenever he gets red, i use this and it goes quickly heals! i like it a lot, and it smells nice! It seems like it will last forever too, a little goes a long way.

Humble Bee's Baby Journal
My Mom bought this for me - its a Baby Book for the first 3 years, and it is super cute, has lots of fun ideas for things to write in, spaces for pictures etc. I really like the format, its fun to work on but not too much work either.



One Line a Day - Mom's 5 Year Journal
I saw this on my friend Laura's Blog, and got one for myself after her recommendation. It's a 5 year journal, where you simply write 1-2 sentences each day. I write about what Asher and I did that day, something funny he did, something he learned to do, or a precious thing i want to remember. It's so simple and fast, and I know i will enjoy looking back on the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment