Jan 20, 2012

Birthday, baptism, baby, and more!

Pictures of all the happenings so far in 2012:

Once a week I drive about 50 minutes north to Costco, were we buy snacks for church. I love the drive, seeing various views of the city.

Getting everything unloaded and ready to carry down into the dance studio when that garage door opens at 9am!

We had friends over after church and a riveting game of Settlers of Catan ensued. I choose to drink tea and laugh rather than participate - its much more entertaining! I love Seth's face of "dang, i'm loosing" in this picture!

We had another baby appointment on Jan. 11 - it was great! Everything is going well, and we are praising God. By Feb 1, our next appointment, we should have the gender confirmed and I'll let you know!

My 25th Birthday was January 13 - My Dad and Stepmom sent this silly picture of me in a birthday email. I found it quite entertaining!

I went to Bible and Coffee the morning of my birthday, and the girls who attended brought me a gift! They are so sweet - its the bear in my hands. It opens up and has a blanket inside! So cute, so Japan.

Seth and I had a fantastic date for my b-day: Outback!! and a movie at the theater!

Surprisingly, there was practically no one in the huge theater, I was surprised! Its about $15 per ticket for the "cheap show" in case you are wondering. More like $22 for the regular time.

Kids church continues to be a blast and a blessing. Last week we learned about Jesus blessing the disciples' fishing net with all the fish! (Luke 5) We played a "pin the tail on the donkey" type game, trying to put the fish in the net with blindfolds. The kids are so fun!

Sunday night the staff from the Nagoya church came for a visit!!! We went out to try a BURRITO place I found online. Yes, I said burrito. As in Mexican food. As in the one kind of food that is super rare and freaky expensive here. This place was both delicious and average priced! It's the little things : )

Then we walked to Shinsaibashi- a happening night time area in the city, and took our picture with the Glico Man - that guy running in the background. It's become a symbol of the city. So we are running with him - can't you tell?

I love these girls! They are a blessing, and such an encouragement.
 I hope we can all hangout again soon!

Baby Philip continues to make his/her presence known. And people continue to touch my belly and say "you're getting big!" Ha! I don't mind. Though the touching is weird because people don't really touch here...

Seth got me something I've been talking about for months for my B-day - a blender! Now I can make smoothies I've been craving! And someday, baby food too.

WE HAD A BAPTISM! A woman from our church decided to become a Christian this past week. It was super awesome and we are praising God. She is a single mom of 2 kids, and found our church from a Facebook Ad. Please be praying for her and for more people to join her in this decision!


Wow, and all that was just the first weeks of January. 2012 is going to rock!!

2 comments:

  1. A facebook ad? That is awesome. Love the baby bump photos! Rachel Schultz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the "settlers of catan picture" i miss our times of watching the boys play while we chat and drink tea. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete